HOMILY, 28TH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR A
Isaiah 25:6-10a, Phil 4:12-14.19-20, Matthew 22:1-14
In our today’s gospel, Jesus gave a parable which makes reference to a man who entered a wedding banquet without a wedding garment.
- The banquet of the Lord is that of joy. All who respond to his invitation do so for their own benefits.
- Incomplete conversion breeds pseudo spirituality and prim religiosity.
- Though God invites all and sundry to worship him, religion is not by force.
- Following Jesus is not by compunction.
- Every occasion has its own decorum or guidelines.
- Every gathering has its own mood and proper preparation.
Despite our unworthiness, when God count us worthy and invites us to worship around his table, we are expected to come with the right disposition and proper appearance. We cannot play game with God. With time, he will fish out those worshipers with fake identity. For God sees our hearts and he knows those who are fit for his worship.
May nothing rid us of our instinct of worship. May our conversion be complete