HOMILY OF THE TUESDAY OF THE 1ST WEEK OF LENT
Isaiah 55:10-11, Matthew 6:7-15
THEME: THE RULES OF A PRAYERFUL LIFE
Beloved in Christ, our today’s first reading makes it clear to us that God’s plan for the world cannot change. As a Father, he cares for us with an everlasting love. All we need to do is to lead a good life so that he can make us worthy of his promises.
Jesus taught us in the gospel that, prayer is not all about heaping many words, rather it is seen in a life that rhymes with the will of God. By teaching the disciples how to pray, he simply told them what a prayer life is all about. If we want the will of God in our life to come to manifestation;
- We must see everyone as a brother or a sister, because God is the Father of all.
- We must give reverence to God.
- We should work towards establishing his kingdom of love wherever we find ourselves.
- We are expected to conform our lives to his will.
- We should rely on him for our daily sustenance, meaning, we must use legitimate means to get our daily bread.
- We must be forgiving because he is a forgiving God.
- We should look up to him in times of temptation, lest we fall.
- We must run under his shield for protection because he is the only one who can shield us from all evil.
As the long as the rule of our life correlates with the rule of our prayers, God’s blessings will continue to flow into our lives.
We pray that we will never lose our place in God’s kingdom of love. Amen